Thursday, August 25, 2011

resistance

Walter Payton ran uphill. The resistance made him faster or at least that is what Dad had said as he pointed to the incline and told me what I had to do in order to increase my speed. There would be little gain from a sporadic routine. If speed was what I was looking for then day in day out commitment to that hill was my only option.

I looked at the hill, turned and walked away.


I have no regrets in regards to my lack of speed, only gratitude for the lessons learned. Take the resistance, feel the pain and push past it. For those of us on this side of the bell curve it has to be the only way.


Leaving you with this today since I have to head out early to capture an image in the sweet morning light.



Head down, sly grinned, determined gratitude.


No comments: