Monday, July 4, 2011

independence

When you build something you must also plant something in order to replace it. This is one of the things my Dad loved so much about England. He was impressed by their forethought, how that many years ago they knew they would need that tree again. A simple concept thought by people together.

We sometimes speak of tribes, how as humans we have navigated ourselves into small areas, or different sized areas. Sex, color, age, nationality, language, region, religion, politics, class, music, sports team, TV show, movies, jokes, concepts, who's your favorite SEC football team.

I can't pick a favorite.

I can't pick a favorite anything.

Everything is my favorite.

Man or woman.

The more color the better.

Baby or Granny or Papaw or snarly teenager or college student or any age.

I love the USA.

I love accents and individual history, stories from another land.

Lewis Black says that he likes to sit in a restaurant in Amsterdam filled with people as they are constantly chattering around him 'cause it seems to be the only place in the world where there is not at least one asshole in the room. He doesn't speak Dutch.

Who is your God?

Democrat or Republican? That's the funniest shit I have ever seen in my life. There is no difference. They are all doing the same thing.

Coins in your pocket, that's all it is.

I love certain music. I can't help myself so I am going to have to remain tribal here but you could certainly love  my tribal music.

SEC.

Do you watch House? Isn't he just one of the sexiest men alive? Please tell Hugh Laurie to never speak with a British accent again. From this day forward he must always be House. Hence my taste in men. I should be ashamed of myself.

Just that one joke, it is awful which means I am awful at telling jokes and that's awful, isn't it.

Concepts. How many concepts could there be?

I can't pick a favorite anything.



Friends, or special humans.


I claim independence of picking favorites. Could I? Or are we just innately tribal?



Gratitude.

No comments: