Thursday, June 2, 2011

life

It was hardly noticeable that in the pulling of the tide some content had been left behind. Action begets consequence, she thought, no matter how small the matter. He disagreed but she's seen it, witnessed it with her very own eyes. What she thinks she knows now and could have known before is the erosion in the careless dismissal of the most simple rule had led to the chasm between them. A void where they sometimes played, sometimes danced and at certain times fought. It was here, him on one cliff, her on the other where a hand could be outstretched into the everything and nothing in between that a momentary glance of them could be seen.

A smile.

A look.

The rule forgotten.

It's all just a series of moments, right?





Gratitude.

4 comments:

Slater said...

I.. I ... I just don't understand this....

Shea Goff said...

I know....I know...

Shelby said...

Would it make sense if I said I half-way sort of understand it in a clear as mud kind of way?

Shea Goff said...

I contend this is clearly a double team attack, and I do understand, sweet Shelby, that you must at least be somewhat concerned by the mental health history of a person who could possibly be a genetic link to your offspring one day (far, far away).

But...




Oh okay, you're right. It's muddy, vague in a whatthahell is she saying kind of way. Surely there will be other stories to come. I just appreciate you two sticking with me.