Monday, April 25, 2011

stillness

I love the winds, the sound of old branches and new leaves clapping together. Gusts of air flow past me around me and I can't help but be mesmerized by the drama of it and thankful for the steady roots. If I become still enough it overtakes me like it did when I was a child. It reminds me how incredible it is just to be a very small part of what this is and has been and will be. Goosebumps form on the back of my neck and down my arms, the wind blows my hair. I think of Hafiz and my heart bursts with complete gratitude.


Even
After
All this time
The sun never says to the earth,

You owe
Me.

Look
What happens
With a love like that,
It lights the
Whole
Sky.





Much love to you, my dear reader.

1 comment:

Johnny Boy said...

I feel sure you are tired of me commenting on all of your posts by now, but I just can't stop reading. I have a Calc III test at 9 a.m. tomorrow (today) and yet here I sit with your amazing blog in front of me, not studying, or sleeping, or even showering (much to the dismay of those who come in contact with me I'm sure...though let's be honest how many people am I going to see at 3 a.m.) just reading and enjoying learning about your life and the amazing way you think. Thank you again for writing such beautiful work.