Monday, January 17, 2011

MLK

The closest I ever got to knowing who Martin Luther King was was when I read a book called Three Years in Mississippi by James Meredith. Neither man saw eye to eye but both of them had so much courage that on the line of courage the little red dot had gotten so far up it had fallen off.

I don't necessarily know what that courage is like. I never went through what they went through, but I've read a little bit about it. And the thing is, well, you know huh, I love these men. Beautiful, courageous people who showed wisdom and courage and love for each other off the scale.

There are people of this world who redeem it every day and for them I am grateful.

Today is a holiday called Martin Luther King, Jr. Day with a twist of James Meredith Day for me.


So grateful.

No comments: