Sunday, October 3, 2010

believe

It has been a long time since I put a photograph on the internet. Slater and Billy Sue have had a couple of shots in the infamy of this space you and I share. Those pictures were not up to par for me. You were unable to see what I saw through those images. In fact, I couldn't see what I saw through those pictures.

I want a moment that conveys to you what my eyes witnessed without me having to say a word. It is almost like you and I are at a coffee shop and we're sitting outside on a beautiful Autumn day and you're telling me about your life and I am nodding and telling you about mine and we both smile and laugh. Maybe it's a Sunday morning and time is moving slow, nobody is speeding anywhere and there is a new, crisp coolness to the air.

Then all of a sudden I say hey, I took these shots at Rusty and Rebecca's wedding and I want to show you what that was and I want to explain every one of them but I believe that you will see what I am saying without me even having to say a word.

Right now I am handing you a few I had printed up today, leaning back and taking a sip of coffee saying this is what I saw.



































































The date was October 2nd, 2010.

The location was The Como Courtyard in Como, MS.

The music was provided by Woodstomp.

The camera was borrowed from my sister, Angie.

The people, they were amazing.

The love was incredible.

Incredible enough to make me believe.

Gratitude.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Words can not express the beautiful art you created the day you photographed Rusty & my wedding. I am so thankful & so very much impressed with the results. You did a wonderful job! The candid & abstract shots were a wonderful surprise when I viewed the pictures. Thank you so much for making our wedding day such a memorable day that will forever be with us through the pictures you created. You truly have alot of skill & talent! :)

Sincerely
Rebecca Todd

Shea Goff said...

It was a true pleasure and honor, sweet Rebecca. Thank you.