Tuesday, September 14, 2010

space

Rick and I had a conversation last week about bytes. He said he thought I didn't know what a MB (megabyte) was, and I responded, you're right, I don't really know. All I know is that a megabyte is a lot of KB (kilobytes). He said, 1024. Yeah, I said. A thousand. Like the metric system, right? But, Rick, what is a byte. What are we counting a thousand of?

He said, Space.

Now I think about space. Bytes. In this thinking I consider my spaces. My home. My car. My body. My relationships. My life. My world. All in all, I get incredibly narcissistic.

But that's okay, 'cause I think about how beautiful space is.

The space I share and that others share with me. It's quite nice. This space.

I think the people who took part of the following video share a beautiful space. After you watch the video you may want to read some of his writing about his family, about his six year old son, about an album that is out right now. He, she, they....everyone connected to this guy....remind me of how beautiful my space is.

"http://

Magic- A Belly Grows from The Panic Room Videos on Vimeo.

">

The space of a sweet, sweet Tuesday. Samsara is Nirvana.

No comments: