Friday, September 10, 2010

back

It's hard to come back. When I started this again, this writing thing, I vowed to do 500 words a day. Sit at a desk and write 500 words a day. It was going to be a job I created, a job I loved. I do love it. Yet sometimes I stray away and don't do what I vowed to do.

That's when I have to tell myself it's okay.

Not just okay. It's good.

It's good to go to the ocean and spend time with some of the coolest people in your life. No, you weren't all there 'cause I'm saying if you are reading this you are one of my cool people. At the ocean there were people just like you, and we had a blast.

It was awesome.

And I read an incredible book.

It gave me a new mantra.

I've had other mantras, one of my favorite being Let go Let God. At any moment on any given day in the past three or four years if you had been standing within let's say five feet of me you would have heard me say Let go Let God. It has been a strumming bass to my music. It provided a steady rhythm to my life.

I think it may always be my bass.

At the ocean I found a new instrument. Samsara is Nirvana. In his book, Saltwater Buddha, Jaimal Yogis describes a journey he began when he was only sixteen years old. A journey to the ocean, to water. I won't give anything away here, no spoilers to keep you from getting whatever you need from the book but I do recommend it on the high side.

All that to say thank you, Jaimal, for adding a new instrument to my music. Samsara is Nirvana. I will treasure it just as I did my time near the water.

No comments: