Saturday, July 17, 2010

the glass

I don't know what happens today.

I understand that I think I wake up post sunrise.

I understand that I think this place is leaving me.

There is this Buddhist story which speaks of a glass. The glass holds the water. It is quite useful, and the sun glistens off of it making it sparkle in a particularly pleasant way. Then the wind blows and the glass falls and breaks. Of course it does. Everything is transitory. The key is to understand how valuable the glass was before the wind came.

I already expect the wind. In fact, I have to talk myself out of dreading the wind since this will be my last day alone at the Como Courtyard. Tomorrow will break the silence.

I tell myself I must somehow learn to take this with me. Some piece of this at least. I understand that I think this is my challenge.

No comments: