Saturday, July 3, 2010

commercial (possibly for the use of psychiatric medications)

Taking the start of a new year as a time to resolve something in my life is not really my thing. It has to do with some type of natural rebellion, a mentality that says, "oh you don't think I can do that...well, just watch me!" Even against myself. Let's just say I've learned not to challenge self 'cause self shoots me the bird. Yet all selfs, even the opposing ones, seemed to agree in January of 2010 that it was okay maybe to possibly make a resolution to live only in the present moment, the NOW.

So I prayed for help.

And I laughed at myself. I still chuckle at the absurdity of making future plans to live in the present. The resolution itself went against it's self. Perfect. Because it was funny, all selfs were totally up for the challenge. Game on.

March 2010 my NOW was The Como Courtyard.

Yes, I am the luckiest girl alive.

I hope to continue writing about that week, to take your hand and walk you through what happened, the power of that place. It was....well....ummmm..I promise. I promise to come back here and tell you about it.

Right NOW though I'm getting ready to take a drive down south to see that beautiful family of mine. Jesse Claire Miller has learned how to water ski at six years old, and I want to see her face as she tells me the story.

Happy Independence Day, my friends.

Oh wait! I must leave you with this song about friendship. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Flogging Molly. Of course we're gonna leave this world alive!

">

No comments: